Local Time: 7:07pm
Tomorrow we will be in: Florence
It's been an amazing last few days! This whole part of the world is so amazingly beautiful; here is a few quick highlights:
In St Goar Germany we:
- went on an amazing wine tasting tour and tried some amazing vintages from the area; including a specially made ice wine that can only be harvested late when the gears are frozen.
- saw the biggest bier stein and the biggest cuckoo-cuckoo clock (world record holding) and Ben picked up his very own one liter bier stein!
- went on an amazing walking tour of the town, exploring many of the original sites integral to the Nazi's and the Third Reich. The city is so beautiful and rich with history.
- tore up the Hofbraeuhaus Bier House (seriously, who gets told they are too rowdy in a beer house?!?).
- Rocked the nightclubs!
- Had a very sobering next morning when we explored the Dachau concentration camp- so horrifying.
- was awed by the breathtaking Austrian Alps
- Loved the amazing Christmas Markets ( and had a caricature done!)
- Tried all sorts of yummy food and mulled wine (mmmmm mulled wine)
- LOVED the canal cruise around the city
- saw a live Murano Glass Blowing demonstration (ahhhh-mazing!)
- stuffed up my countries and missed catching up with Anita Riot :(
- Got a little lost in the endless back streets and alleys
- explored the captivating city!
- Saw the Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon, The Colosseum and Saint Marks Square in a walking tour
- Spent a jaw-dropping morning at Vatican City marveling at its beauty.
- was blown away by The Sistine Chapel ( with THAT ROOF by Michelangelo) and St Peters Basilica
Phew! Here is a taste of our adventures so far! I'll keep you posted!