Post Written in: Paris
Next Stop: Amsterdam
(Current Location: Bath, UK)
I know I have been very blog absent lately and I want to give a huge thank-you to all you loyal readers who have still been commenting and following me on our adventure! Our Holiday of Awesome hit a very sad note a few days back: my iPhone was stolen. After my initial hysteria (and blubbering, teary phone calls home) calmed, I realised that, ultimately, it's just an object- AND I'M IN AMSTERDAM!!! So the party went on- even if it had to be without Instagram updates :(
Prior to all this Amsterdam messiness (post to come in the next few days ;), we spent an amazing week in Paris! Our insanely excellent Contiki European Discovery tour finished up on Christmas Eve and we checked into our own hotel right near the Eiffel Tower! Here is a few of my favourite things (and happy snaps) of what we got up to!
- Had an awesome last night out with the rad people we met on Contiki
- Caught up on sleep after a non-stop 2 week Contiki tour!!!
- Visited the Arc De Triomphe
- Went to the top of the Eiffel Tower!
- Saw the bones of over 6 million bodies in the Paris Catacombes
- Were amazed by the Notre Dame cathedral
- Spent Christmas Day strolling around Paris and the epic Christmas Markets
- Had Christmas dinner with some of the Contiki crew who were still in Paris and ate some authentic French food, including escargot!
- Visited Napoleon's Tomb
- Spent a very naughty evening getting up to mischief in Montmartre and the famous Museum of Erotic Art
- Explored The Louvre for an entire day and still didn't see it all! (two of these piccies not taken by me- these were some of the photos that got stolen on my phone)
After this epic week of fabulousness we then headed on to Disneyland Paris- a post in itself!!! :)